Prepare for your holiday and fun days in the sun with these tips from Sue Ismail, founder of Nad’s.
1. Before and after waxing, regularly and gently exfoliate skin, with a body scrub.
2. Don’t try to wax hair that’s too short or too long. For ideal waxing conditions, hair should be between 1/4 inch and 3/4 inch long.
3. Ensure skin is clean, dry and free of oils and moisturisers.
4. Apply your strip or hot wax and with firm pressure smooth over 3-4 times in direction of hair growth, to allow the wax to adhere more fully.
5. Holding skin taut with one hand, quickly pull strip off in the opposite direction of hair growth. Remember to hold skin taut with the other hand and to pull close to the skin rather than up into the air.
6. Don’t wax the same area more than twice. Going over the same area more than twice can damage the skin — and be quite painful.
7. For the perfect finish remove any residue with an oil-based cleanser.
Hair may not come out if; it is not at least 3- 5mm long, the area is not clean or dried after using the cleansing wipes.
Don’t wax if you’re taking strong acne medications (which can make skin extra- sensitive), have a sunburn or have any sort of immune system or circulation issues.
Waxing your bikini area two days before or after your period can be more painful than other times because your skin is more sensitive (due to your hormones).
Don’t pick at ingrown hairs! Although it’s tempting, it may lead to infection. If you suffer from ingrown hairs use Nad’s Ingrow Solution at least 24 hours after hair removal. Use daily until symptoms subside.
For more beauty tips subscribe to Health & Fitness magazine. We’ll give you 3 issues for £1!